Acrylic has good weather resistance and strong hardness, and can be made into various required products, but acrylic is also good or bad, which is directly related to its service life, so what kind of acrylic material to choose becomes a headache for people. So, what are the performance characteristics and uses of acrylic material?
What material is acrylic
Acrylic is also called acrylic and its chemical name is polymethyl methacrylate. It is an acrylic sheet made of organic compounds. Its transparency and light transmittance are like glass. This material is an important thermoplastic that has been developed earlier. It has good transparency, strong weather resistance, easy dyeing, easy processing, and beautiful appearance. It is widely used in the construction industry, furniture products, and sanitary ware.
Acrylic performance characteristics
1. The transparency is good, the light transmittance is above 92%, the light is soft, and the acrylic colored with dye has a strong color development effect.
2. It has strong weather resistance, strong hardness and high temperature resistance.
3. With good processing performance, thermoforming or mechanical processing can be used.
4. Although the light transmittance is the same as glass, the density is only half that of glass. In addition, it is not as fragile as glass. Even if it is broken, it will not form sharp fragments like glass.
5. It has the characteristics of wear resistance, stability and corrosion resistance.
Application areas of acrylic
1. Architectural applications: cabinets, doors and windows, lighting shades, etc.
2. Advertising applications: lamps, signs, signs, etc.
3. Transportation applications: doors and windows of trains, automobiles, airplanes and other vehicles
4. Medical applications: baby incubators, crafts, cosmetics, brackets, aquariums, etc.
5. Industrial application: instrument surface plate and cover, etc.
6. Lighting applications: led lights, spotlights, chandeliers, etc.