Stainless steel is divided into martensite and austenite, ferrite and duplex.
1. Martensitic chromium stainless steel is mainly low-carbon or high-carbon steel with chromium content in the range of 11.5%-18%. Designations 403, 410, 414, 416, 416 (Se), 420, 431, 440A, 440B and 440C, the corrosion resistance of these steels comes from “chromium”. The martensitic stainless steels widely used in various countries are as follows:
1. Low and medium carbon 13% Cr steel
2. High carbon 18% Cr steel
3. Low-carbon nickel-containing (about 2%) 17% Cr steel.
2. Austenitic stainless steel has stable austenite structure when Cr contains about 18%, Ni 8%~10%, and C about 0.1%. Non-magnetic and has high toughness and plasticity, but the strength is low, it is impossible to strengthen it by phase transformation, it can only be strengthened by cold working.
3. Ferritic stainless steel has a chromium content of 11% to 30%, and has a body-centered cubic crystal structure. Generally does not contain nickel, sometimes contains a small amount of Mo, Ti, Nb and other elements, large thermal conductivity, small expansion coefficient, good oxidation resistance, excellent stress corrosion resistance and other characteristics, mostly used in the manufacture of atmospheric resistance, water vapor, water and oxidation Acid corrosion parts. Poor plasticity, plasticity and corrosion resistance after welding are significantly reduced.
4. Austenitic-ferrite duplex stainless steel is a stainless steel with austenite and ferrite structure each accounting for about half. Containing C is low, Cr content is 18%~28%, Ni content is 3%~10%. Some steels also contain alloying elements such as Mo, Cu, Si, Nb, Ti, and N. This type of steel has the characteristics of austenitic and ferritic stainless steel. Compared with ferrite, it has higher plasticity and toughness, no room temperature brittleness, and has significantly improved intergranular corrosion resistance and welding performance, while maintaining iron. The 475°C brittleness and high thermal conductivity of plain stainless steel are characterized by superplasticity. Compared with austenitic stainless steel, the strength is high and the resistance to intergranular corrosion and chloride stress corrosion is significantly improved. Duplex stainless steel has excellent pitting corrosion resistance and is also a nickel-saving stainless steel.
|Stainless steel standard steel number comparison table|
|Chemical composition of martensite, ferrite, austenite, duplex stainless steel|
9 thoughts on “Classification, type and chemical composition of stainless steel”
This article presents clear idea in support of the new visitors of blogging, that
in fact how to do running a blog.
Outstanding post however , I was wanting to
know if you could write a litte more on this subject?
I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further.
Thanks for one’s marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed reading it, you’re a great author.I will ensure that I bookmark your blog
and will eventually come back at some point. I want
to encourage yourself to continue your great posts,
have a nice holiday weekend!
Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading
it, you may be a great author. I will be sure to bookmark your blog and will eventually come back very soon. I want to encourage you
to continue your great work, have a nice weekend!
I was wondering if you ever thought of changing
the page layout of your site? Its very well written; I love what youve got
to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better.
Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or 2 images.
Maybe you could space it out better?
Woah! I’m really enjoying the template/theme of this blog.
It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s very difficult to get that “perfect balance” between usability
and appearance. I must say you’ve done a awesome job with this.
Additionally, the blog loads super fast for me on Chrome.
Simply wish to say your article is as surprising.
The clarity in your post is simply great and i could
assume you are an expert on this subject.
Well with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep up to date with
forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the gratifying work.
Fantastic items from you, man. I have consider your stuff prior to
and you’re simply too fantastic. I really like what you have obtained here,
certainly like what you’re stating and the way in which wherein you say it.
You make it enjoyable and you continue to care
for to keep it smart. I can’t wait to learn far more from you.
That is actually a terrific web site.
I’m now not positive the place you are getting your info, but great topic.
I must spend a while studying more or understanding more.
Thanks for excellent info I was searching for this info
for my mission.