Teflon is divided into several basic types: PTFE, FEP, PFA, ETFE:
1. Teflon PTFE: PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) non-stick coating can be used continuously at 260°C, with a maximum operating temperature of 290-300°C, extremely low friction coefficient, good wear resistance and excellent chemical stability .
2. Teflon FEP: FEP (fluorinated ethylene propylene copolymer) non-stick coating melts and flows to form a non-porous film during baking. It has excellent chemical stability and excellent non-stick characteristics. The maximum use temperature is 200 ℃.
3. Teflon PFA: PFA (perfluoroalkyl compound) non-stick coating, like FEP, melts and flows during baking to form a non-porous film. The advantage of PFA is that it has a higher continuous use temperature of 260°C, stronger stiffness and toughness, and is especially suitable for anti-sticking and chemical resistance applications under high temperature conditions. Teflon ETFE: ETFE is a copolymer of ethylene and tetrafluoroethylene. This resin is the toughest fluoropolymer. It can form a highly durable coating with excellent chemical resistance and can be used at 150°C. Work continuously.
After Teflon coating, it has the following characteristics:
1. Non-stickiness: Almost all substances are not bonded with Teflon film. Very thin films also show good non-stick properties.
2. Heat resistance: Teflon coating film has excellent heat resistance and low temperature resistance. It can withstand high temperature to 300°C in a short time, and generally can be used continuously between 240°C and 260°C. It has significant thermal stability. It can work at freezing temperature without embrittlement and does not melt at high temperature.
3. Sliding property: Teflon coating film has a low friction coefficient. The friction coefficient changes when the load is sliding, but the value is only between 0.05-0.15.
4. Moisture resistance: The surface of the Teflon coating film does not stick to water and oil, and it is not easy to stick to the solution during production operations. If there is a small amount of dirt, simply wipe it off. Short downtime, saving working hours and improving work efficiency.
5. Wear resistance: It has excellent wear resistance under high load. Under a certain load, it has the dual advantages of wear resistance and non-sticking.
6. Corrosion resistance: Teflon is hardly corroded by chemicals, and can protect parts from any kind of chemical corrosion.